We are seeking a detailed oriented, proactive, hands-on Controller/HR Manager who is able to build strong organizational relationships and make a positive contribution to the company through effective leadership and frequent communication.
This position is responsible for the timely preparation and distribution of the organization’s financial statements and management reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and related analysis. This position is also responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the company’s human resource policies and procedures and administration of HR activities.
- Proactively ensures the preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statements for three business entities are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Provides related financial analysis.
- Manages all accounting operations for three business entities including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and revenue recognition.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls and related filings
- Leads the preparation, review, and analysis of budgets, cash forecasts, and management reports.
- Interfaces with outside vendors, banks, and insurance brokers.
- Looks for process and technology improvements.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Maintains effective internal controls and quality for financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Coordinate various professional liability insurance policies
- Renews contractor licenses and secures bonds as needed.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist division leaders with employee recruitment and onboarding
- Administers compensation, benefits, and performance management.
- Resolves employee relation issues in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Advises managers on company policies and procedures.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitudes toward organizational objectives.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and other work-related information.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- QuickBooks Accounting Software experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior financial industry experience a plus
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data
- MS Office advanced computer skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic a must
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build positive professional relationships throughout an organization
Salary commensurate with knowledge, skills, and abilities. Competitive benefits are included.